Monday, July 12, 2010

Yippee-ki-yi-yay! Bill's Gettin' Him A Mail Order Bride!

If you're at all familiar with the incredible creativity of Magpie Ethel you know that she makes little spun-head dolls using vintage odds and ends, dibs and dabs, and whatevers.  I've purchased several seasonal spun-heads in the last couple of years but my favorite has always been Cowboy Bill.  Apparently there was a Billie at one time but she skedaddled it off to someone else's ranch and left poor ole Bill to fend for himself.   Here's Bill, now residing at Chez VintageChristine:


Bill's been lonely and there ain't nuthin' more pathetic than a lonely ole spun-head cowpoke.  So I wrote Laurie and asked if she could possibly "find" Billie.  Well, of COURSE she could!


I tried to explain to Bill that even though Billie won't be coming via stagecoach from the West Coast it's still going to take her just as long to get here via the U.S. Mail (har har).  This morning, there he was at the window with his trusty steed, Fred.  I mean, have you ever seen anything more pitiful?

We'll keep our fingers crossed that she gets here fast.  Of course the fact that Bill told me he's gonna plug me with his six-shooters if she ain't here pronto-like just made it that much more important that she arrive soonest, although I'm not sure those teeny tiny little bullets would hurt very much . . .

And yes, this is it--MY 100th POST!!  Details will be forthcoming shortly about the fabulous celebratory giveaway.  Woo woo hoo hoo HOO!

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha that shot of his watching for her is PRICELESS!!!

    Jest make sure they have rootin' tootin' ranch approved raincoats all ready, unless you need more ranch hands. =)

    And congrats on 100! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him and I've seen the photos of Billie and he is in for a 'good' time!! she is a charmer!

    Happy 100th post! Yippee-ki-yi-yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus Chris, you almost made me wet my pants. At 49, it's hard to laugh and not pee, so damn you!

    I hope you don't find mounds of sawdust after Billie arrives, if you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post. I hope the reunion goes well, you may end up with some little clothes pin babies if you leave them alone too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hold your horses Bill....Billie is on her way! He really does look pathetic staring out the window and waiting....

    Mailed her off this a.m....should be there pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh God, you crack me up! I love the title of this post, and then I remembered that I wanted to see if you had posted about what s&p shaker you would dress up as. I cackled out loud when I saw your choice, and I wasn't a bit surprised either!
    Congrats on your 100th post, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I don't want to hear if spurs and a whip are involved! Give them their privacy, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you forget about the Pony Express? Man those guys can ride a horse and do 60 in three seconds flat. If Billie can hang on to her hat, she'd do well to let those guys drop her off.

    Love this post. Not only are you funny as all get out, you are quite a graphic artist!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw shucks,you're like the matchmaker of vintage trinkets, it's a gift :)

    Happy 100th post!

    ReplyDelete