Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hey! She Has The Same Name As Me!


When my sister Sally was quite young, she started calling me Gogie (GO-ghee, not GOO-ghee) and for the life of me we don't know how she got Gogie from Christine.  The name stuck, and now it's what anyone calls me who knew me through Sally.  Which is kind of weird when people we went to college with still use my childhood nickname. 

I've loved the song "The Wayward Wind" for as long as I can remember, and it must have some sort of cosmic link to me due to the singer who made it famous, Miss Gogi Grant.  I have two versions of the song on my Playlist, the other by the fabulous Gene Vincent.  It's Miss Grant's rendition, however, with that beautiful orchestration, that's my favorite. 

What I wouldn't give to see Gogi Grant singing my song!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I'm hearing the Wayward Wind! Sounds more like Jekyl and Hide...unless Gogi is announcing "I dig you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on the Playlist at the bottom of the blog.

    ReplyDelete