Friday, May 7, 2010

Peace, Love and Hippies All Over The Freakin' Place

Here are more photographs taken by my first husband.  First off, a really groovy dude with some SERIOUS guns.  Do you get arms like that just from whacking a tambourine? 

This young lady doesn't look too pleased about having her picture taken but I love how Lynn managed to get her "Make Love Not War" button in the shot.

Dude!  That weed got me seriously parched.  Unquench my thirst! 

An actual hippie wedding!  In the woods!  With sunshine!  Um, no, I don't mean the UV kind--I mean  a certain brand of hallucinogenic.  Far-out, man.

And they lived happily ever after.  Or at least until they spent one miserable cold winter at the commune, said "screw this s**t" and moved back in with Mom and Dad.


 PS--don't miss the Tiny Tim clip over on the sidebar under "If It's Friday . . ."

Classic.

12 comments:

  1. Great photos! They look like they're straight out of a magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh.....those were the days. Makes me long for the simpler days..a tent, some trees, a river and I was home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but pooping behind a tree leaves something to be desired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!!

    What the heck was that show I was watching on PBS a week ago, where they showed old film footage of hippies on a commune, then how they admitted they soon found out it wasn't as fun as it seemed? Darn it, I think it was one of those Earth Day deals they showed recently. You know, Paul Ehrlich et al.

    And Tiny Tim. I remember hearing his tune wailing on my little AM radio lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss "Make love not war" looks like she's about to smack the taste outta someones mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these shots.

    That woman does seem like the maddest hippy- I though hippies were supposed tolove everyone? How bout it sister? Where is the love?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these. The hippie wedding is the best. Whenever I get married it's going to be just like that, you know, right next to a tree, with the guests sitting in the dirt. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! Don't you wonder where "Make love not war" lady is now?

    Now, tiptoe through the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE these pictures! When I was in high school, my senior year no less, I actually wore a "Make Love Not War" button to CHURCH! In all innocence of course. Wish I still had that button!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos are beautiful. And how wonderful would it be if the tambourine was responsible for those arms. I might try it and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those are really some nice arms. First thing I noticed....

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...just be careful what kind of leaves you use for t.p. !

    ReplyDelete